• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: Date- 11/3/18 Sign up by October 5 || Date-12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

The Ways Music Helps Us

“Conheça as 20 Músicas Mais Conhecidas No Mundo.” Notícias, www.euideal.com/noticia/2237/conheca-as-20-musicas-mais-conhecidas-no-mundo.html#foto.

Raegan Logan, editor

Do you listen to music when you are sad, happy, or angry? In the world, there are all types of different songs, artists, and genres. Each song or artist makes you feel differently, wouldn’t you say? Also there are certain things you feel like listening too. Whether it is because of your mood or a situation you are in.

Listening and enjoying music can solve lots of problems. If you are going through something difficult or stressful, listen to music. It has lots of benefits that no one ever considers. Music is a powerful, wonderful thing. It can change lives.

There are things that are scientifically proven, that music helps. Here are just some, but with these few, there are many more. For example, music can lower stress levels. Lots of things can make you stressed but you can battle it with just listening to some music. Also music can make you happier. This is a really good useful thing that lots of people need help with. Another thing that is proven is that listening to music while you eat, helps you eat less. A study also showed that 90 percent of kids 4 to 6 had better verbal intelligence, after only one month of music lessons. Also music can increase workout endurance, which could be helpful to athletes.

Another thing that music does is, it reduces depression, which tons of people struggle with this. Anxiety is another big thing that is very common and music also helps relieve anxiety. Do you ever have trouble sleeping? Well listening to music also helps you fall asleep. Another tremendous thing music can do is that it can reduce the perceived intensity of pain. And if you have a problem with running, listen to music because it improves your performance in running. Do you ever see people happily singing along to music in their car? That is because music also improves your mood while driving. Music can do that as well as strengthen learning and memory ability. Additionally to that, music also raises academic performances. And finally, it helps people perform better in high-pressure situations.

These are all problems that your average person has and they are all very common. Listening to your favorite songs, artists, or bands, can do wonderful things for your mental health. And if you don’t have a certain type of music or genre you like, listen to the radio. The radio has lots of different kinds of songs you can listen to and it is easy to access. A great deal of people do not even know the magic music can do.

So the next time you are sad, happy, or mad, listen to music. It could lift your mood and make you feel differently. In a good way of course. Maybe it will elevate your mood in several different ways, which may not even know about. Music is scientifically proven to help solve certain problems. Remember this the next time you have a situation that you need help with, it will do you good.

cited sources: “10 Positive Benefits Of Listening To Music, According to Science.” L4LM, 4 June 2017, liveforlivemusic.com/features/10-positive-benefits-of-listening-to-music-according-to-science/.

“10 Positive Benefits Of Listening To Music, According to Science.” L4LM, 4 June 2017, liveforlivemusic.com/features/10-positive-benefits-of-listening-to-music-according-to-science/.

About the Writer
Raegan Logan, Editor

Hello my name is Raegan Logan and I’m a freshman! I love art, writing, and listeing to music. Also I enjoy speaking my mind and standing up for what I believe in! And that’s why I joined this class. 🙂