Have You Been Grounded?

Trinity Adams, Photographer/Writer

Being grounded is a very common thing for high school students, because they are learning who they are, and growing so it brings a lot of stress upon them, unfortunately. Just because of being grounded, friendships aren’t the same and people change for the better or the worse. If your punishment were to be that you can’t go out with your friends for a month or so, you could see how maybe they were the ones who brought the negativity onto you and got you grounded. In high school, the main thing you find out your first year is who your real friends are. Now, I interviewed three high school students that have all been grounded to give you an idea on how to survive being grounded.

The first person that I interviewed has been grounded 7 or 8 times and her name is Kaydence McPherson (9th). She was grounded for convincing a friend to skip something that was very important, and then they then decided to go to Chili’s to eat instead of going to that important event. She was grounded from leaving her house, for three days. Obviously, she attended school, but she didn’t have anywhere to go anyways. She is not grounded at this moment (March 9, 2018). During the time of her grounding, she entertained herself by staring at walls and annoyed her mom. She says her punishments are never the same they differ on what she does. She then answered, “Depends on what I do to get grounded.”

Now for the second person I interviewed they have been grounded numerous times as of right now I am grounded still, and his name is Brody Jones (9th). He says he got grounded for “arguing with his parents and he thinks grounding rights are stupid.” His punishments are usually losing his phone and Xbox One. He was grounded for 8 months but 6 now. To entertain himself he reads books. He doesn’t have the same punishments every time, but he does get grounded for the same stuff and grades. He gets grounded numerous times per year like said above “grounding right are stupid” Also another reason why Brody got grounded was mouthing off to the teachers, the classmates around him, and most importantly his parents.

The last person I interviewed was Bill Harty (9th). He has also been grounded numerous times he says “it’s too many to count.” He got grounded because “he was bad.” No comments needed. “I was grounded for two months,” he said but he is not currently grounded at this moment. Bill claims he entertains himself by “touching walls.” He doesn’t have the same punishment every time he says it just depends on what he does to get himself in trouble. I didn’t have much information on why he got grounded but probably more than one of the reasons he got grounded was because of his attitude or his grades. Just remember to stay out of trouble and to always stay focused and determined on important things that you do.

1 Comment

One Response to “Have You Been Grounded?”

1. Nate on March 30th, 2018 8:21 pm

I am in 10th grade and I get grounded a lot of times and it stinks and when I am grounded I have to stay in my bedroom and only allowed out for school chores and bathroom and I get meals in my room and my three sisters have been grounded to just like me and all of my friends have been grounded and my friends get grounded all the time to and I have been grounded on special holidays like Christmas thanksgiving Easter Valentine’s Day Halloween and on Halloween I just sit my room and serve my punishment and I remember once me and my three sisters went to go get candy and came back with lots of candy and are mom told us we were not allowed to eat any of are candy but we did and are mom grounded us for 5 months and I remember that once me and two of my sisters snuck out in the middle of the night and came back and are parents were waiting for us then are parents grounded us for 9 months and then are littlest sister Sarah said ha ha ha you three are grounded then are mom grounded her for 5 months and when her punishment was over she said a swear word then are parents grounded her for 5 more months then when all of are punishments were over one night I was running as fast as I could because I knew I was past curfew and when I got there my mom said were have you been you are 30 minutes late for curfew and I begged please don’t punish me and she said I am sorry but you are still being punished and she grounded me for 7 months and when my punishment was over one of my sisters tried sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night but are mom caught her and said your grounded for 5 months then I said let her out of her punishment and I said ground me instead and so she didn’t let her out of her punishment instead I joined her in her punishment so I was grounded for 5 months to and she asked me way did you get yourself in this punishment and I said because you are my sister and after our punishment was over we pulled a prank on are mom and it didn’t work we got grounded for 9 months and when that punishment was over we had one more idea so i put my sisters clothes on she had on a crop top and jeans and she put my clothes on and I had jeans and a wrestling shirt on and she caught us and she grounded us for 3 months and we asked each other getting in trouble is fun and the first time I was ever grounded was in 2nd grade and and the second time I was grounded was like half way threw the school year and I got grounded with my friend because we teased a girl a school and are parents grounded us for 5 months and we both had to apologize and she hit us in the face then we all had a fight me and my friend got grounded for two more months and now we’re grounded for 7 months and the girl a school got grounded for 6 months and so the longest I’ve been grounded for is 9 months and it stinks being grounded but I have to serve my punishment and one more thing my girlfriend has been grounded before too

[Reply]

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

LGBT

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Should We Pay For Education?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Teenage Culture 2018 vs 1950’s

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Future Renovations

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Do Students Have Enough Time for Homework?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Should You Pay For College

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

If You Had Anybody in the World Teach You Anything You Want, Who and What Would it Be?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

What is Fame and What is the Route you Intend to Take to Get There?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Welcome New Freshman

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Lockers or Backpacks?

Have You Been Grounded?