Have You Been Grounded?

Trinity Adams, Photographer/Writer

Being grounded is a very common thing for high school students, because they are learning who they are, and growing so it brings a lot of stress upon them, unfortunately. Just because of being grounded, friendships aren’t the same and people change for the better or the worse. If your punishment were to be that you can’t go out with your friends for a month or so, you could see how maybe they were the ones who brought the negativity onto you and got you grounded. In high school, the main thing you find out your first year is who your real friends are. Now, I interviewed three high school students that have all been grounded to give you an idea on how to survive being grounded.

The first person that I interviewed has been grounded 7 or 8 times and her name is Kaydence McPherson (9th). She was grounded for convincing a friend to skip something that was very important, and then they then decided to go to Chili’s to eat instead of going to that important event. She was grounded from leaving her house, for three days. Obviously, she attended school, but she didn’t have anywhere to go anyways. She is not grounded at this moment (March 9, 2018). During the time of her grounding, she entertained herself by staring at walls and annoyed her mom. She says her punishments are never the same they differ on what she does. She then answered, “Depends on what I do to get grounded.”

Now for the second person I interviewed they have been grounded numerous times as of right now I am grounded still, and his name is Brody Jones (9th). He says he got grounded for “arguing with his parents and he thinks grounding rights are stupid.” His punishments are usually losing his phone and Xbox One. He was grounded for 8 months but 6 now. To entertain himself he reads books. He doesn’t have the same punishments every time, but he does get grounded for the same stuff and grades. He gets grounded numerous times per year like said above “grounding right are stupid” Also another reason why Brody got grounded was mouthing off to the teachers, the classmates around him, and most importantly his parents.

The last person I interviewed was Bill Harty (9th). He has also been grounded numerous times he says “it’s too many to count.” He got grounded because “he was bad.” No comments needed. “I was grounded for two months,” he said but he is not currently grounded at this moment. Bill claims he entertains himself by “touching walls.” He doesn’t have the same punishment every time he says it just depends on what he does to get himself in trouble. I didn’t have much information on why he got grounded but probably more than one of the reasons he got grounded was because of his attitude or his grades. Just remember to stay out of trouble and to always stay focused and determined on important things that you do.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Have You Been Grounded?”

1. Nate on March 30th, 2018 8:21 pm

I am in 10th grade and I get grounded a lot of times and it stinks and when I am grounded I have to stay in my bedroom and only allowed out for school chores and bathroom and I get meals in my room and my three sisters have been grounded to just like me and all of my friends have been grounded and my friends get grounded all the time to and I have been grounded on special holidays like Christmas thanksgiving Easter Valentine’s Day Halloween and on Halloween I just sit my room and serve my punishment and I remember once me and my three sisters went to go get candy and came back with lots of candy and are mom told us we were not allowed to eat any of are candy but we did and are mom grounded us for 5 months and I remember that once me and two of my sisters snuck out in the middle of the night and came back and are parents were waiting for us then are parents grounded us for 9 months and then are littlest sister Sarah said ha ha ha you three are grounded then are mom grounded her for 5 months and when her punishment was over she said a swear word then are parents grounded her for 5 more months then when all of are punishments were over one night I was running as fast as I could because I knew I was past curfew and when I got there my mom said were have you been you are 30 minutes late for curfew and I begged please don’t punish me and she said I am sorry but you are still being punished and she grounded me for 7 months and when my punishment was over one of my sisters tried sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night but are mom caught her and said your grounded for 5 months then I said let her out of her punishment and I said ground me instead and so she didn’t let her out of her punishment instead I joined her in her punishment so I was grounded for 5 months to and she asked me way did you get yourself in this punishment and I said because you are my sister and after our punishment was over we pulled a prank on are mom and it didn’t work we got grounded for 9 months and when that punishment was over we had one more idea so i put my sisters clothes on she had on a crop top and jeans and she put my clothes on and I had jeans and a wrestling shirt on and she caught us and she grounded us for 3 months and we asked each other getting in trouble is fun and the first time I was ever grounded was in 2nd grade and and the second time I was grounded was like half way threw the school year and I got grounded with my friend because we teased a girl a school and are parents grounded us for 5 months and we both had to apologize and she hit us in the face then we all had a fight me and my friend got grounded for two more months and now we’re grounded for 7 months and the girl a school got grounded for 6 months and so the longest I’ve been grounded for is 9 months and it stinks being grounded but I have to serve my punishment and one more thing my girlfriend has been grounded before too

[Reply]

2. cheyenne robinson on May 2nd, 2018 1:22 pm

Im in the 10th grade and i have been grounded for 4 years!!
    my dad married a girl and before that i was never ground but since they have gottten married five been ground for 4 years even im grounded form my grandma! its crazy!!

[Reply]

3. Nate on May 17th, 2018 3:46 pm

I get grounded all the time and same with all of my friends and my three sisters and I get grounded from the most stupidest things I get meals in my room and when we’re grounded we have to stay in are rooms the whole time unless we are doing school or using the restroom me and my three sisters get into so much trouble we’ll even be grounded on are birthdays we get no presents no cake and no friends we just sit in are rooms and one time I got grounded I felt so stupid one time my youngest sister Sarah wanted Wendy’s but are parents said no so I took her there and we both had Wendy’s we came back and then are mom said where have you been and she also said I don’t want to here it you two are grounded for 3 months and after that punishment was over are youngest sister said a swear word and are mom grounded her for 2 months and one time me and my oldest sister Emily got grounded by are grandma because we were saying a lot of mean things to her and bad things about her and so she grounded us for 7 months one time I got grounded with a friend and my girlfriend all three of us were not listening to are parents so they agreed to give us all the same punishment and the grounded us for 5 months and another time me and my three sisters were laughing at are mom because she lost her ring and she grounded us all for 8 months and she said that’s what you guys get for laughing at me one time when I was 6 years old my baby sister Emily came and I gave her some pop and my mom grounded me in public for 5 months and me and my three sisters have been grounded on special holidays to and onetime me and my three sisters pulled a prank on are mom and of course it didn’t work so she grounded us for 6 months and now you see why we get grounded all the time we hate being grounded it is so boring to be grounded certainly for us because when we get grounded we have to stay in are rooms the whole time

[Reply]

4. Nate young on May 27th, 2018 12:31 pm

I get grounded a lot and one time this girl on my bus said her parents are going on a vacation and she’s planning on sneaking out while their away I beat you so much she’s going to be grounded and one time me and my three sisters played a trick on are mom and so two of my sisters were a detraction and me and my oldest sister dumped 5 gallons of gew on her and she was bad and she said you guys are grounded for 6 months and before she sent us to are rooms she dumped 5 gallons of gew on us and then put us in are rooms we felt silly and one time my youngest sister Sarah was acting like a baby so she put her in diapers again for her punishment and also grounded her for 2 months we hate being grounded

[Reply]

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

What Was Fashion Back Then?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Role Models

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Should We Be Able to Leave for Lunch?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Arts and Entertainment

How Fun Are First Concerts?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Society’s Gender Standards

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Is doing nothing a good use of your time?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Confederate Flag: Racist or History????

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

What Role Will Robots Play in our Future?

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Society

• Have You Been Grounded?

Opinions

Morning Routines

Have You Been Grounded?