Welcome New Freshman

Photo taken by Kaydence McPherson

Kaydence McPherson, Photographer/Writer

Is your backpack too heavy? Do you need help knowing what to use in high school? Well, here are some tips on how to start off. I have interviewed three classmates on their personal experiences.I have asked them what things help them get through the day and basically how they keep themselves organized.

The first classmate I interviewed was Trinity Adams (9th). She was asked if she preferred to use her locker or her backpack. She answered, “ I prefer to use my locker as my closet and my bag for my school stuff.’’ She finds it easier to keep everything with her than to keep going back to her locker every period. She quoted, “ Using my bag also saves me time from going to my locker and prevents me from getting tardies.”

Trinity was also asked what things she found helpful to carry with her. She answered,  “ My phone charger because my phone always dies. Also, my earbuds because I like to listen to music to block out my annoying classmates.” As a helpful tip, she said, “backpacks from Walmart are pretty good for high school because they are really inexpensive and last the whole year.” She also quoted, “I shop smart and cheap!”

Another student I interviewed was Madison Bell (10th). She also recommended getting your backpack from Walmart cause like Trinity said they are inexpensive and last the whole year. One question she was asked was what she uses her locker for. She said she uses her locker to keep sweatshirts in there in case she gets cold, “ because most of the time the school is freezing.”  The next question she was asked was if she prefers a big or small bag. She answered, “ I prefer a small bag because it’s easier to carry around if you don’t use your locker.” She also says she stays organized. She says to keep herself organized she has separate folders for each class instead of having one big folder, which most people don’t.

The last student I interviewed was Benjamin Valentine (11th). He said he carries a big bag, yet he wishes it was bigger so he could carry all his stuff. He then was asked what thing is helpful that he carries with him. He said, “my two  phones.” Then he was asked why, he answered, “well what if one dies or one has data and one doesn’t, I will always have a backup.” Ben then said that he does not use a folder he just shoves everything in his bag, but he can still find everything pretty easy. Ben then said he prefers to use his backpack over his locker because it’s just easier. He also said he hasn’t been to his locker the whole time he has been in high school. He doesn’t think his locker would be very helpful anyway. Ben also said “it is very helpful to carry a pencil, mostly  because I can write with it.” That is all the students I interviewed. I hope this was helpful for you.