• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: Date- 11/3/18 Sign up by October 5 || Date-12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

Late Night Out

Today. “Curfews in Bunkprugu, Bimbilla renewed.” Today Newspaper, 28 Sept. 2017, www.todaygh.com/curfews-bunkprugu-bimbilla-renewed/.

Michael Waters, Writer

You’re out late with your friends, doing whatever it is that you do when your parents text you, and say “it’s time to come home!” You text your parents back and ask for more time, but you’re to no. You try and ask for more time every time you go out with your friends.You almost always get a text demanding that you come home right away, spoiling a good night out.

You’ve probably had a similar experience with early curfews, that some of your other classmates can relate too.You feel as if your night has been ruined, and you’re upset that your fun night has come to an end. You tell your friends you have to go home because of an early curfew your parents gave you. You’re upset that your fun night coming to an end, but you’re now angry with your parents for making you come home early.

During a recent interview with Mr. Hissong, Mr. Batman, and Mr. Sehy they were asked about questions relating to curfews, and had some interesting responses. Mr. Hissong stated that his kid will have a curfew of 8:30 p.m., when they’re old enough to be out by themselves, Mr. Batman, however, stated that his kid would have a curfew of 10:00 p.m. when they are old enough to be out and about, and  Mr. Sehy stated that his kid has a curfew of 11:30 p.m. on weekends. Mr. Batman feels that once kids get to middle school they should start having curfews, as they’re old enough to hang out and be with friends. Mr. Hissong and Mr. Sehy feel that when kids are old enough to leave home without a parent they should have a curfew. Mr. Batman and Mr. Sehy feel that there should be a law for curfews, as kids shouldn’t be running around town all night, but be inside at a decent time on weekends. Mr. Hissong feels that there shouldn’t be a law regarding curfews, as it should be up to the parent to make the decision on when they want their kids home.

Both Mr. Batman and Mr. Hissong both had a curfew of 9:00 p.m. when they were young, but as they got older their curfews were extended. Mr. Sehy, however, did not have a curfew when he was young. Mr. Sehy think that high school students should have a midnight curfew on weekends, Mr. Batman feels that the curfew for high school students should be 11:00 p.m., and Mr. Hissong thinks the curfew should be 10:00 p.m. on weekends.

It turns out your parents are just want to make sure you’re safe at the end of the night. You have arrived at your house, and you don’t talk to your parents when you go to your room, as you’re upset they made you come home early. You fall asleep with a chip on your shoulder, but by morning you’ll have forgotten why you were so upset.

About the Writer
Michael Waters, Staff
I am here because I like creating stories on current events, and working as a team. I also enjoy reading articles, so I figured it would be a fun class to join. I also like writing about sports and taking pictures. This is my first year of graphic design and I’m looking forward to a...