• Yearbooks now on sale for $57 Jostens.com or see Miss Reser in Rm 239

• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: 12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

Breaking the Fall

Rydge Dunica, Writer

What do you enjoy doing over Fall Break? Fall break is an exciting thing for students all throughout the United States of America, they get a break from studying, homework, and class work. People do a variety of things while they are on break, such as go on vacation, take advantage of not having to get up early and sleep in, hang out with friends, and the list goes on. Some people go on vacations, and some stay at home and lay back. I interviewed a few students from here at Blackford High School to find out what students around our school did. I interviewed three juniors from our school, Taylor Light, Caleb Felver, and Jaden Reum.

The first person the I interviewed was Taylor Light. Her favorite thing that happened over break was her favorite show, Riverdale, coming back on television. To celebrate the show returning she had a group of her friends, that also like the show, come over and watch. When I asked her if she traveled out of the state during break her response was  “I did not, but I wish that I would have.” While she was on break she did a variety of activities such as go to a haunted house, watch movies, and watched Riverdale with her friends. Her closing statement to the interview was, “I had a good break, I did not want to come back to school at all.”

When I asked Jaden Reum what the highlight of his break was his response was, “playing in my basketball league in Fort Wayne on Sunday.” Jaden also did not go anywhere out of Indiana during break. While on break Jaden went to Fort Wayne to shop, went to a pumpkin patch, and hung out with his girlfriend. He also wishes that break was longer because he was loving being able to sleep in.

The last person that I interviewed was Caleb Felver. Just like all of the other people that I interviewed he also stayed in Indiana the whole entire break. His favorite thing about his break was that he made money. When I asked him what all he did over break he said, “went to a family party and that is about it.”  

Those are just a few people from around school, and a few things that they did over break. Just because none of the people that I interviewed didn’t go outside of the state, I am sure that there are people in our school that went out of Indiana during break. One thing for sure is that all of the students wished that the break would have been longer that one week. When I asked them how long they think fall break should be they all said a week and a half to two weeks. Another thing they said about break is that they were glad that the weather was the way it was and not the way that it is now. We are all now looking forward to Thanksgiving break.

About the Writer
Rydge Dunica, Writer

Taylor Swift once told me, " Thank you for buying a shirt with my face on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I play basketball and baseball. My favorite food is chicken...