Bittman, Mark. “A Dozen Ways to Serve Stone Fruit.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 24 June 2012, cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12558-minty-fruit-salad.

Healthy Breakfast Foods For School Mornings

September 17, 2018

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! So it is ideal to have a healthy meal before going to school to learn. I have composed a list for you of healthy breakfast choices that you can make in the morning so that you can be up and ready for school. Some of these meals are quick and easy to make and some of them take some time but all of these meals are good breakfast meals.

Number One: Yogurt and granola. Yogurt is a nice breakfast food that you really cannot get tired of because of all of its flavors! An added bonus is that yogurt is very healthy for your body providing key nutrients to help your teeth and bones grow healthy. Also, yogurt can help your digestive system causing fewer issues in the near future. If the texture of yogurt is a problem, then you can add granola! Granola is also very healthy for your body too and it can improve the taste of yogurt greatly.

Number Two: Egg and Cheese Muffin. If you have the time a nice meal to make in the mornings, you should make an egg and cheese muffin. Like yogurt, your choices for what can go on your muffin are nearly endless! I would recommend cooking an egg melting the cheese on top and placing some Canadian bacon between the muffin. Also, an egg muffin is really good for your health since eggs are very high nutrients.

Number Three: Cheerios and Fruit. Cheerios are a healthy choice of cereal because Cheerios are not high in sugars but instead, they are high in fiber which is good for heart health. If you do not care for the taste of Cheerios, you can always add fruits such as strawberries or blueberries. Adding fruit will not only make your Cheerios taste better but it will make them healthier for you and increase their value for the long school day ahead.

Number Four: Peanut butter Banana Toast. Toast can be served many different ways including butter, jam, and even Nutella! Although all of these topping choices are nice to eat on your toast, I would recommend peanut butter and banana toast. Toast is a good way of getting fiber combing that with peanut butter gives you a boost of protein and lastly the bananas add a sweet taste and loads of potassium. This breakfast meal is not only filling but it offers a healthy choice to boost your day so you are ready for school.

Number Five: Smoothies! Smoothies may take a few spare moments to create but they will be worthwhile when creating your healthy breakfast meal. Smoothies have many various forms including bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and plenty of other choices! So go deep and explore what types of breakfast smoothies you like best with this healthy food choice.

Number Six: Waffles and Pancakes. Have a lot of spare time in the morning? Then waste some of that time by making yourself some waffles or pancakes. Like most breakfast options pancakes or waffles can be customized for everyone’s own tastes and wants so like smoothies go hog wild and mix and match various fruits and toppings on your pancakes or waffles.

Number Seven: Ham and Cheese Sandwich. Similar to an egg and cheese muffin a ham and cheese sandwich can be a filling breakfast meal that is easy to make. Start by getting some ham, cheese, and some good buns. Next, cook your ham in a pan and open your slice of cheese and get your bread ready for toasting. From there toast your buns and place the ham on the bottom bun and put the cheese on top so it will melt. Bam, a nice healthy and quick breakfast for your school day mornings.

Number Eight: Fruit Salad. A fruit salad may not seem like a breakfast type of meal but it really is! Fruit is a part of every meal of the day and plays an important role in your body by helping fight off diseases and many other good effects. Not to mention the fact that fruit taste really good even not in a fruit salad so you can’t complain that fruit salad is gross.

Hopefully, this list of eight breakfast foods will help you improve your breakfast choices in the mornings! Breakfast is an important meal of the day and you should not skip it because there are so many options for breakfast foods. Complaining that there is nothing to eat in the morning is not true so start your day right with a healthy breakfast!