• Yearbooks now on sale for $57 Jostens.com or see Miss Reser in Rm 239

• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: 12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

Meeting Taylor Swift

Taylor Light, Writer

On June 26, 2018, at 3:28pm I got a message from Taylor Nation. As a long time Taylor Swift fan, I knew exactly what that meant, I was going to meet Taylor. I gave them all the information they asked for and waited for them to call me. Later that evening, around 8pm I got the call and they got some more information from me. The told me that I would get another DM confirming me and my guest. On June 27 I got a DM that said “Hi! You and your guest are confirmed for Saturday (:”

On the phone, Taylor Nation told me that I had to be at the box office between 4 and 5 to pick up an envelope with my name on it on Saturday, the day of the concert. So I planned my whole day around getting to the box office at 4. On Saturday, June 30 I woke up and got ready and Rydge and I left my house at 10 am. We made the 3-hour drive to Louisville and got there around 1. We went to Starbucks until the parking lot opened at 2 after we parked I met up with some friends for a few then Rydge and I walked to Kmart to sell some extra tickets I had. By the time we got back from Kmart it was 4. I went to the box office and told them I needed to pick up an envelope and I showed them my id and they gave me the envelope. There was an oranger paper inside it that said “Your opportunity to meet Taylor starts at 5:45 pm tonight” and it gave me more info on when and where to be. So at 5:45 Rydge and I went to the meeting location, there were people there getting out names and giving us wristbands that said “meet and greet” on them.

It was probably around 6:15 when we walked to another building, as soon as we walked in the door we had to put our phones and bags on a table, we weren’t allowed to take anything into rep Room (where Taylor was). So Rydge and I walked into rep Room. Right through the walkway, there were cases that had a bunch of different outfits Taylor had worn in music videos and photo shoots. As soon as I walked in the room I saw Taylor through the curtain (she was in a sectioned off area so it was just you, her, and a photographer). There was 2 couches, drinks, the throne that was in the Look What You Made Me Do, and SO much more. I was so in shock that I didn’t spend any time in the room, Rydge and I got straight in line to meet Taylor. While we were waiting, Taylor’s mom, Andrea, came up to us and asked our names, hugged us, and just talked for a few minutes. We got to the front of the line and a lady held the curtain open for us, as soon as I walked in Taylor was standing there with her arms open to hug me and said “Well hi!!!”, I ran into her arms and gave her the biggest hug. She smelled SO good. Then she hugged Rydge. I really don’t remember everything that was said because I was in so much shock. She said, “It’s pretty cold out there isn’t it?” It was like 100 degrees out! I told her how my whole family and I will be at the Indy show and she was like “Omg tell them I said thank you, I really appreciate that!” She said to Rydge “Thank you for buying a shirt with my face on it” because he was wearing a Taylor Swift shirt. I said I love you to her probably 10 times and she said it right back every time. We held eye contact the whole time I talked to her and she had the biggest smile on her face the whole time! After a few minutes she was like “So can I get a picture with you” and I said “Well duh!” and she put her arms around Rydge and I for the picture. I hugged her again and said I love you and good luck during the show and we left.

Meeting Taylor Swift has been my biggest dream for as long as I can remember. The fact that she chose me herself from Twitter and knew who I was amazes me. The whole thing still doesn’t seem real at all. I can honestly say that June 30, 2018 was THE BEST day of my entire life.

About the Writer
Taylor Light, Writer

Taylor Swift once said to me "Oh my gosh you're so tall!!!" I love Taylor Swift and I play volleyball.