Top Ten Quotes You Should Hear

"Words can be used to express many different views. These enthralling words should be shared with the world. So that people who may be lost or have given up can find hope in the darkest of times" Angel Licht

August 24, 2018

“Wallpaper Download 5120x3200 Sweet Cupcakes on the Place - Romantic Time. Food and Cooking, Delicious Wallpapers. HD Wallpaper Download for IPad an... | Cupcake Wallpapers | Pinterest | Romantic Times, Wallpaper Downloads and Romantic.” Pinterest, www.pinterest.com/pin/863143084804519242/.

If you ask someone what their favorite quote is they will more than likely have one to share with you. I am a huge fan of many books, games, and tv shows all of these sources of entertainment can contain quotes that can be life-changing, deep or even hilarious. So I have decided to make a list for you of my top ten quotes from various sources, some of the quotes may change the way you see the world or brighten your day by making you smile.

Number Ten: “Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll” ~Skyrim the Elder Scrolls

Skyrim has been one of my favorite games for a long time, even though Skyrim is old and the older versions have a fair share of glitches I think these glitches make the game funnier. Skyrim is an open world where you can basically do whatever you want from slaying dragons to adopting children meaning that Skyrim has plenty of NPCs that say really funny lines that are worth quoting. One of those lines can be said by any of the guards in Skyrim, “Let me guess, someone, stole your sweetroll”. This line is really funny if you have played Skyrim because who really has the time to steal your sweetroll if a fire-breathing dragon is attacking the city! Not to mention the fact that sweetrolls are really cheap to buy in Skyrim, so many of the guards say this sarcastically which only adds to its funniness. This quote is a lighthearted one that is just fun to hear or think about!

Number Nine: “Only in the darkness can you see the stars” ~Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I have always looked up to Martin Luther King Jr. and all of the inspiring speeches he told about African American rights and how hard he fought to get them the rights they deserved. I could write a whole list of quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. but to be fair I will only quote one, “Only in the darkness can you see the stars”. I really like this quote because it brings the feeling of hope to those lost in dark times because in order to get to the good days you have to get through the bad. Just like in order to see the stars it must be dark outside. Quotes like this have always been something I turn to if I feel alone or I am just in a dark place in my life and I hope that maybe you can do the same so that you too can see the stars!

Number Eight: “Always” ~Professor Snape

I have seen all of the Harry Potter movies and read all of the books. It is by far one of my favorite book/movie series. There are some really good quotes you could pull from Harry Potter but I decided to use “Always” which is a short one-word quote from Professor Snape. This line said by Snape has really stuck with me because Snape is one of my favorite Harry Potter characters and the context this quote refers to makes me want to cry. Without spoiling this great series “Always” will sit at my number eight quote spot until something can debunk it.

Number Seven: “Quoth the Raven, Nevermore” ~Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar Allan Poe is known for his brilliant poems and short stories vividly expressing deep or somber topics with wonderous word choice. Edgar has many fascinating works of art but the poem I enjoy the most is The Raven; I like The Raven because Edgar Allan Poe uses words that rhyme with each other but express vivid and meaningful ideas at the same time. From that poem, I choose to quote “Quoth the Raven, Nevermore” because it stands out in the poem and it rhymes fluently. I really enjoyed reading The Raven and I would recommend reading the poem for its breathtaking style.

Number Six: “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get” ~Forrest Gump

Ah, Forrest Gump, a classic, in my opinion. This quote is drawn from a movie called Forrest Gump and stars well, Forrest Gump. This quote is a really lighthearted one that really just makes me smile hearing it. Not to mention the countless memes made from this quote. Forrest Gump was a really funny movie and I am sure you could pull many great quotes from this but I decided to pull, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get”. I chose this because it is simple but has a deeper meaning that explains that you can not expect life because life never throws the same curveball at you!

Number Five: “There are many reasons why we run but usually it’s to avoid what’s right in front of us… A decision to be made or a dilemma we have to face. Lately, for me, it feels like running is all I’ve been doing” ~Barry Allen

This quote comes The Flash and it really made me think about how we try to avoid making important decisions because of fear. I may not be a comic book reader but I really enjoyed watching The Flash because it managed to take a superhero and make them seem more human giving the show some real-life feel and tear-jerking moments. This quote stuck out to me because of the way the quote is said by Barry it really made me think about myself a lot. This quote also made me feel empowered some because it means that I can change that and stop running.I can stop running from making decisions because I might fail or because I might get hurt, I can go forward confidently and I hope that you can do the same.

Number Four: “I think the best day will be when we no longer talk about being gay or straight… It’s not a gay wedding, it’s just a wedding… It’s not a gay marriage, it’s just a marriage” ~P!nk

I am the kind of person who does not judge someone by how they choose to live their lives, if they choose to love someone of the same sex then they have the right to that. If someone chooses to live alone, I will not judge them for wanting to be who they are. I feel very strongly that people have the right to express themselves in this world how they see fit which is why I really like this P!nk quote. I agree with this quote because once we learn to accept people as who they then most of the issues in the world would be solved. We live in an age where people are still being judged by their, color, sexuality or even personality. Judging people by their color may not be as bad now than it once was but we still judge people by this “feature”. This quote by P!nk shows how the world has not changed much in how it views people that act differently than itself; hopefully we can live in a world expressed by P!nk a world where “we no longer talk about being gay or straight”.

Number Three: “You must never give in to despair, allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest of times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength” ~Uncle Iroh

My favorite cartoon of all time is Avatar the Last Airbender, this quote is pulled from this cartoon. Avatar the Last Airbender was an amazing show being able to mix fantasy and realism into a cartoon making the show have truly heartwarming and heartbreaking moments. One of these moments was Uncle Iroh morning the loss of his only son in the Earth Kingdom where he said this quote to himself. I picked this quote as my number three spot because this quote really means a lot to me and speaks so loudly about not giving yourself into emotions such as depression. That true inner strength comes from giving yourself a reason to get out of bed and live the life way you want to. Hopefully, you too have this kind of strength and can live your life to the fullest.

Number Two: “Monsters don’t hide under your bed, they sleep in your head” ~Unknown

This quote is a smaller one but it has a really deep meaning that I can relate to in many ways. I have struggled with nightmares for quite a long time having some of the classic nightmares like monsters in my closet and under my bed and I have struggled with the demons in my head. What this quote is expressing is that fears are not real, fears are an illusion that your brain creates meaning the monsters under your bed are not real. The true monsters are the thoughts in your head, the ones that are telling you to just give up or even worse. I can assure you that you do matter and that the monsters in your head can be conquered if you try! I hope that this quote can help some people see that what they say truly can affect someone in a negative way. If people actually thought before they said something to others then the world would be a better place.

Number One: “Cheers love the cavalry is here”

I bet you were not guessing that my top quote would be anything like this but it is! This quote is said by a video game character named Tracer or Lena Oxton is her real name, Lena is a bubbly British girl who sees the good in everyone and would risk her life to save those in danger. The quote she says is actually her catchphrase and every time I hear her say the quote I can’t help but smile. Lena is someone I look up to her for many reasons but overall Lena’s upbeat and cheery attitude towards life places her quote as my number one spot.

I hope that the next time you asked to write something about a quote you pick one of these amazing quotes as your choice! This is only my opinion but these are really good quotes and I hope that I either made you laugh, cry or stop reading because this article is really long!

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Top Ten Quotes You Should Hear”

1. Daniel Anderson on November 5th, 2018 2:50 pm

I actually have a quote that I’ve had stuck in my head since 2015, “The past doesn’t define who you are, it just gives you the starting point for who you’re going to be”- said by Agent Carolina in Red Vs. Blue, during the last few episodes of season ten. If you ever want to post a commenter addition to this list keep this quote in mind.

2. Halie Starks on November 8th, 2018 7:38 pm

I’ll think about doing a commenter addition! Thanks for the idea. Also I’ll keep your quote in mind.

Bruinformer • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in