• Yearbooks now on sale for $57 Jostens.com or see Miss Reser in Rm 239

• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: 12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

Fans are Outraged Because Microsoft Takes Legal Action Against Halo Online

http%3A%2F%2Fcomicbook.com%2Fgaming%2F2018%2F04%2F25%2Fhalo-online-mod-creator-eldewrito-banned%2F
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/25/halo-online-mod-creator-eldewrito-banned/

Daniel Anderson, writer/reporter

If you’ve played Halo 3 back in 2007, you could have gotten that experience back but on PC. Halo 3 broke records and dominated the market in 2007. It was pretty hard to get people away from the Xbox back during its heyday, and it’s even harder to forget. We could’ve had that again in 2018 for PC, but 4 days after Halo Online release Microsoft decides to take legal action against the fan made project.
ElDorado is the team responsible for creating Halo Online after Microsoft scraped it. They put years into giving us the Halo 3 experience we want on PC, with the same armor customization and core gameplay. They mixed old and new really well and added some features we never had in Halo 3 such as changing the background to already existing maps.
The day the game was taken down 343 industries posted a blog on halowaypoint stating why the game was taken down. The blog said, “Microsoft has taken legal action to protect it’s Halo intellectual property.” They also said that after the project was scrapped it wasn’t free code for the fans to use or abandon ware for moders to use at their whim. But even though 343 posted this, it doesn’t mean they don’t like this project, they loved it and wants more of this game. Unfortunately, it was Microsoft’s call, and 343 is just the messenger, and on that note 343 posts “One thing remains clear-fans really want more Halo on PC.”
Stepping away from the security stuff let’s step into what this game was and what it offered. This game is basically Halo 3 for a new platform, the game gave us old armor sets, old features, and old gear. But at the same time gave us modern day weapon models, more maps, and new forge tools to help create custom maps, and games. If you are one of those people who like to make movies using a video game like Halo (machinima) then the forge in this game was the perfect option to build unique sets. You can choose the setting and time of day in the map for interesting plots and funny jokes but also mess with the size of the player, and how the features of a play can change.
I love the Halo games, ever since my dad first played it when I was four. So I hate to see all the negative things going around in the community ever since Bungie’s departure from Halo. This game was about to be the best Halo game ever to come out ported on the PC, with new maps, old armor and vehicles, and more weapons. We were so close to this game being a full release, only to have Microsoft take it from us.
Not much has been announced since Microsoft took the HALO Online download pages down but fans hope to hear that HALO Online will see the light of day again. Hopefully, Microsoft and Eldorado can work something out and come up with a compromise, for HALO Online future. Until then fans are stuck with playing the MCC on their Xbox ones for their HALO 3 gameplay.

About the Writer
Daniel Anderson, Reporter

I am 17 years old and I love gaming. From immersive storytelling to competitive multiplayer I cover most games. I was introduced to gaming at an early...

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Fans are Outraged Because Microsoft Takes Legal Action Against Halo Online”

1. anon on May 12th, 2018 10:18 am

hey,
    could you correct your article? it makes it sound like MS killed HO and that it is not playable anymore. you’re contributing to it’s death by leading people to believe it’s closed down.
    it is absolutely wrong, the game is playable right now, fully functional, and downloadable right now. ALL MS asked from the team was to stop distritubting the files (they’re still downloadable from many places, including your favorite torrent site) and halt further work on it for the moment.

2. Daniel Anderson on May 15th, 2018 11:58 am

I did forget the fact that it can still be downloaded and played still huh? I apologise for my mistake.

3. Vector on May 13th, 2018 7:59 pm

LMFAO! Burn Microsoft Xbox! BURN!

4. Daniel Anderson on May 15th, 2018 11:59 am

Don’t hate on the console, hate on the company.

• Fans are Outraged Because Microsoft Takes Legal Action Against Halo Online

Arts and Entertainment

Overwatch: New Hero Ashe and Six More To Come

Arts and Entertainment

New DOOM cranks up the fun.

Arts and Entertainment

Borderlands Experience Coming to VR

Arts and Entertainment

Would You Rather Questions You Can Tell Your Freinds

Arts and Entertainment

Top Ten Quotes You Should Hear

Gaming

Fallout 4: Good Game, Bad Fallout Game

Gaming

Five Nights At Freddy’s Four: Game Review

Gaming

Doki Doki Literature Club: Gaming Review

• Gaming

Digimon: Dawn and Dusk

Arts and Entertainment

How Fun Are First Concerts?