• Yearbooks now on sale for $57 Jostens.com or see Miss Reser in Rm 239

• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: 12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

Good & Bad Skateboards.

Braden Liddick, Reporter

There are many skateboarding brands nowadays. Some of the bigger names being BAKER, PlanB, Element, Zero, Girl, Birdhouse, and Flip. Some of the less popular or worse quality names in the skating industry being Kryptonics, DarkStar, and Vision. There are many more skateboard brands that belong in both of those categories.  

I am going to compare two skateboard brands that I have talked about above. I will be comparing BAKER and Kryptonics. First thing to start this is BAKER has a professional team, unlike Kryptonics. This meaning professionals prefer this board over a Kryptonics board. These are professionals that have a lot of talk on their name and they have been skating for years. This says a lot about the two brands of boards. BAKER uses a much stronger wood than Kryptonics. There are many reviews on the internet that do strength tests on BAKER and on Kryptonics, Kryptonics, unfortunately, are not the best and break within the week that you skate it. You buy Kryptonics boards complete, meaning that everything that you already need is on it. You can also do that with BAKER, or you can customize it yourself. Kryptonics come with a plastic truck and bearings that do not move when you first spin them.

I interviewed two people and asked them a few questions. I asked them what their favorite brand of skateboard was, Trystan Mitchell replied with “Primitive” and Brayden Overmyer replied with “PlanB”, both of the boards being a professional deck and a really big name in the skating industry. I asked Trystan Mitchell what his least favorite board was and he replied with “Kryptonics is my least favorite skateboard, I started out with one when I first began to skate and it broke within a week.” I then followed up by asking why do you believe that this is a bad board, he replied with “ The quality of the wood is very cheap, definitely one of my least favorite completes that I have bought.”

Skateboard companies; such as PlanB, Baker and, Girl, get better and better over time. They increase in quality and even the looks of the boards. According to a list of the top fifteen skateboard companies, PlanB is in first right now with the most board sells and the most positive reviews stating how good of quality the boards are and how long each board tends to last.

This is all personal preference on what you want to skate or what you like much  more. If you do plan on skating or already do, I highly recommend that you buy a trusted skateboard and get trusted accessories along with the board for the best skating experience