• Yearbooks now on sale for $57 Jostens.com or see Miss Reser in Rm 239

• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: 12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

How to Be Creative

HuffPost.+%282018%29.+Unleash+Your+Creativity+%28It%27s+Up+to+You%29.+%5Bonline%5D+Available+at%3A+https%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2Fbrady-josephson%2Funleash-your-creativity-i_b_5679200.html+
HuffPost. (2018). Unleash Your Creativity (It's Up to You). [online] Available at: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/brady-josephson/unleash-your-creativity-i_b_5679200.html

Getty Images/Hemera

Getty Images/Hemera

Raegan Logan, Editor

Do you consider yourself to be a creative person? Most kids around my age are too worried about other things than to sit down and really think about being creative. Whether they are worried about being relationships, sports or school, it will always be more “important” than being inventive. But certain things you do or are interested in require creativity. For some people, it comes naturally to them, and it comes to them like a second nature. Those people are very fortunate, but there are some ways you can become creative if you aren’t a natural at it.
        Lots of things require creativity. For example, in art classes, you definitely need it to be able to come up with ideas for your pieces. Even some academics, you need to be innovative with certain things you are assigned. Also, if you are interested in jobs that have to with the art or thinking of designs, then you would definitely need it because creativity is key to those kinds of jobs. You may not think this, but creativity is extremely important and it is everywhere. It is a tremendously useful skill that could come in handy.
        The first step, start trying to think outside the box. I know it is easier said than done, but it is not difficult. When you are in need of ideas, observe your surroundings. This is helpful if you need ideas for shape, color, pattern, or designs. Also, you could have a reference picture of what you are thinking and get ideas from that. But make sure they are your own ideas. It is really good to get inspiration from other things when you are feeling stuck in a rut. The weirder the ideas, the better. You want it to be as original as possible. This could apply to art, designs, movies, writing, plans, and videos. Anything you think of or are interested in. But if you believe there is no reason for you to be creative, then you are wrong.
        There are lots of reasons being creative could help you in life. For example, projects in class where you have to design or draw something that you came up with originally.  Also, if you have to write a story or an article, it could come in handy then. Becoming creative could help you reach your full potential. It may come naturally to you, but you will never know because you never tried. It could boost the learning process, make things easier for you and give you more options because you can explore your mind more than others. Once again, it caters immensely to jobs or companies that are trying to come up with new stories, designs or products. Being in a creative state with something can help you relax and feel free to do whatever your mind desires.
         There are just a few ways and reasons to become and achieve being creative. Hopefully, you take these into consideration and they were useful to you. But, one thing to note is that these tips can come with trial and error. So if you do not make a masterpiece of whatever you are creating, try again. Improvise and make it better, little details can make a project just a little more interesting. Practice means improvement and you will get the hang of it eventually. So go out there and create!

About the Writer
Raegan Logan, Editor

Hello my name is Raegan Logan and I'm a freshman! I love art, writing, and listeing to music. Also I enjoy speaking my mind and standing up for what I...