• Spring Break 3/22/19 - 3/31/19

• SAT DATES|| Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

Summer Racing Comes to the Ground, Air, and Sea

Daniel Anderson

Racing fans have played racing games like Mario Kart, Forza, and even Halo’s racing game mode. But now they have an open world racing game which redefined the genre. Not only takes to the track on a dirt bike or a car, but with boats and planes. Ubisoft is not known for their racing games, but The Crew will make you forget their Assassin’s Creed games, for a good while.

The Crew is an open world racing game made in 2014 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC, letting you race across the highway, in the air, and in the water. But The Crew 2 takes what was good about the original and improves on that. From newer cars and Planes from today’s racing, to older cars for older fans. The game releases June 29, 2018 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC, just like the last game, but with a fresh coat of paint.

The Crew 2 uses a system I like to call the “triple engine” mechanic, allowing you to switch from a car to a plane to a boat, in the open world environment. The game’s locations for open world travel includes (but not limited to) Miami Florida, New York City, and Los Angeles California. Players are able to use different types of vehicles depending on the situation, if you need to travel from one island to another you need a boat or plane. The game also rewards you with experience points and cash for doing stunts in the open world, completing races, and finishing story missions.

As you progress you unlock more cars, boats, and planes to buy and use in the game. Not much is known about the story, but just because we don’t know the plot doesn’t mean it won’t be a good one. Maybe you’re a rookie racer climbing his way to the top. Maybe you’re an old racer who is getting more races in before you retire, or maybe the you’re trying to prove a jerk wrong and that you do have what it takes to grip the track. Aside from the cars, stunts, and story what game could be complete without challenges. The challenges in this game (like other games) award players with bonus experience points, cash, and cars.

Of course, like all Ubisoft games, there are unlockables that require more than challenges and experience to unlock. Ubisoft’s Uplay Passport, has you redeem points you earned in all your Ubisoft games for cars, avatar items, and Xbox profile pictures. If you can’t wait for June 29, then good news, you can pre-order the game right now, if you want to see the gameplay yourself before you even consider buying the game, then watch well-known YouTubers play the game and get a feel for what it is.

The Crew 2 is an amazing game that lets you ride or fly in several large metropolises and rewards you for doing crazy stunts. From switch vehicles on the fly, to high speed racing, this car game is a nice change of pace from all the gun slinging games out there. If you want to drive, sail, or fly through one or two races then The Crew 2 is just for you.

About the Writer
Daniel Anderson, Reporter

I am 17 years old and I love gaming. From immersive storytelling to competitive multiplayer I cover most games. I was introduced to gaming at an early...