• Yearbooks now on sale for $57 Jostens.com or see Miss Reser in Rm 239

• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: 12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

Teenage Culture 2018 vs 1950’s

Tra Smith, Writer/ ads

The difference between today’s culture and back in the 1950’s is the fact that most of today’s teen culture are stupid idiots who have no common sense. I mean think about it…most of today’s teens are always doing something on technology which ticks me off. I remember growing up my grandpa always talking about how if you wanted to talk to someone you had to walk somewhere to ask someone to hang out. This world is going to downhill in a hen basket. If you wanted to date a girl, you had to impress her and actually take her on real dates. This world has killed socializing. Social media is called social media but it makes us anti social. A real date back then was going down to Sonic or Steak and Shake and buying the girl a real meal. To people today, real dates are going to Taco bell or McDonald’s and getting a cheap meal, but back then you actually had to be a man not a scared little boy with no guts.

I feel like this country is not America anymore, it probably should be called United States of Technology which I would probably move to a country that isn’t what this country is like. If I could I would take everybody back to 1950 and show them how everybody back then was very happy without social media. I would love to live back in the 1950’s because it was so peaceful depending on where you lived. You had so much good country back then. You had people like Hank Williams, Bill Monroe, Glen Campbell, Patsy Cline. So many good artist back then.You didn’t have all this horrible pop music and rap and other junk music. I could listen to all the country artist back then because it’s so true. What I mean by so true is that artist back then wrote songs about what they were going through because if someone was singing about heartbreak, it’s because they were going through a heartbreak. If someone was talking about a girl they liked, they didn’t do these stupid pick up lines, they went up to the girl and actually told them they liked her.

Music now especially country is a bunch of wannabes who just have people write songs for the artist because all the artist today are just faces on albums. Teenage culture today is people who have parents who buy everything for them because they don’t wanna get out in the real world and actually get a job. Back then if you wanted to buy something you had to have a job an actually take the money and drive to the general store or wherever and spent the money you had on the object you wanted. There was no eBay credit card or any stuff like what we have today. I wish everybody in this world would actually take the time to get on the old TV box and watch Westerns to see how it was like way back then when they had to use candles and lanterns as lights, used horses to go everywhere, and had to raise cattle or work at a bar to make a living on where they lived.  

About the Writer
Tra Smith, Writer

I am a Senior at Blackford High School. I love to hunt, fish, eat, sleep, and race cars!!!