• Spring Break 3/22/19 - 3/31/19

• SAT DATES|| Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

After Fifteen Years Beyond Good And Evil Gets A Sequel

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trustedreviews.com%2Fnews%2Fbeyond-good-and-evil-2-release-date-trailer-gameplay-pre-order-switch-2993129
Back to Article
Back to Article

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/beyond-good-and-evil-2-release-date-trailer-gameplay-pre-order-switch-2993129

Daniel Anderson, writer

French developer Ubisoft has been hard at work on their biggest title yet. The company has invested fifteen years on a big project called “Project Space Monkey”. In 2003 Beyond Good And Evil caught the eye of many gamers receiving positive comments, and becoming a classic among many fans.

Beyond Good And Evil 2 has been worked on since 2003 and is just now getting an announcement. The game takes place before the events of the first game, instead of directly after said events. The game looks amazing from what little game play we could see, but explanation from one of the developers reveals how the game will work. The open world functions like a normal galaxy with entire planets to explore, and planets revolving around the sun as well as other planets.

In the story you start from the ground up into piracy, (and no you don’t steal copyrighted movies and games). Instead of being photojournalist, Jade, you are a new customization character, {or one of the pre-set characters Ubisoft has designed} and a pirate. The game has fitted you with some transportation too, A.K.A any ship you can get your hands (or paws) on from hovering motorcycles, to ships the size of a small town.

As more and more is being revealed about the project fans just can’t wait to fly giant spaceships. Depending on the size of the ship you can travel in great speeds, from the speed of today’s airplane to twenty thousand kilometers per hour. But that’s not all there is a lot of interactivity between planets such as a meteor shower that leaves big craters on the surface of the planet.

Most people would think that a map this big would be randomly generated but that’s not the case for this game. The galaxy was built by Ubisoft planet by planet, with large biomes and impressive landmarks on each planet. What adds on to the realism is the fact that everything is physical, from the atmosphere, to the buildings, the sun, you will be immersed in a realistic galaxy.

The game also doesn’t have any loading screens when entering a planet’s atmosphere which is pretty impressive these days. Ubisoft is revealing more news as time goes by until it releases, which tells you this is a big project. The graphics of the game look as good as Halo 2 Anniversary, and is probably going to be better than that upon release. The sound in the game so far is more than we expect from large open world, space games letting you feel like you were actually in a sci-fi setting.

The customization of your character is probably going to be as large as the game itself, letting you change your gender, species, and race. The only species you get to see in this game falls from human to animal hybrids, because some people might want to be a rampaging rhino, or an agile monkey. Beyond Good And Evil 2 is a game that will redefine open world space games, from small moons to big gas giants, this game is one you are forced to remember. If you like open world, or in this case open galaxy games, then Beyond Good And Evil 2 is a must have (too bad it won’t be released for the next few years).

About the Writer
Daniel Anderson, Reporter

I am 17 years old and I love gaming. From immersive storytelling to competitive multiplayer I cover most games. I was introduced to gaming at an early...