• Yearbooks now on sale for $57 Jostens.com or see Miss Reser in Rm 239

• SAT DATES cont: Date-3/9/19 Sign up by February 8 || Date 5/4/19 Sign up by April 5 || Date 6/1/19 Sign up by May 3

• SAT DATES: 12/1/18 Sign up by November 2

The Excitement of Summer

Moyano, Juan. “Summer Break Stock Image. Image of Break, Leisure, Rest - 41102555.” Dreamstime, www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-summer-break-man-hands-holding-chalkboard-beach-text-written-image41102555.

Rydge Dunica, Writer/ Advertiser

What are you most excited for about summer break? There are many things to look forward to over break. Many people travel as a friend group or with their families. Going swimming, whether at the public pool, a lake, or a personal pool, is something that people of all ages enjoy to do during the heat of summer. Other fun ideas are to go to the zoo, an amusement park, or a water park with a group of friends. The things that you can do during summer goes on forever. I interviewed three fellow classmates of mine, Taylor Light, Straton Stone, and Isaac Justice, asking them about their plans for the summer.

When I asked Taylor if she was going out of the state this summer she said, “ Yes, I am going to be going to Peru and California.” She is most excited for the warm weather, getting tan, not having to wake up in the morning to come to school, and to travel. Taylor plans to play volleyball with her friends, go tanning, travel the world, go swimming, and to go tubing and boating. Her least favorite thing about summer is having to work at Ivanhoe’s. For athletics she will be practicing volleyball both with the school team and with friends at her house. Taylor is really looking forward to summer break and isn’t ready to come back for her junior year.

Isaac is most excited to not have to wake up early in the morning to come to school. He plans on umpiring at the local little league field for twenty dollars a game, hanging out with friends and going wherever he wants to when he wants to, is what he is planning on doing the whole break. When I asked him if planned on going out of the state for vacation over break his answer was short and simple, “No.” He won’t be playing any sports during the summer, but he will be going to open field practices for football and also lifting weights with the football team. He also said, “My summer may sound boring, but I am going to make it a good one.”

When I interviewed Straton and asked what he is most excited for about summer he said, “the warm weather.” He plans on playing tennis with friends and practicing with the team. Straton is hoping to have a job at the Memorial Pool after he gets certified for lifeguarding. He is traveling to Michigan for vacation during break. He is most excited to go swimming, to go to parties, boating, and to play sports.

Swimming seems to be a popular thing that people are excited to do over summer break, on the other hand something people aren’t looking forward to is working. All of the people that I interviewed are excited for summer break for multiple reasons. I am sure that you have many reasons to be excited for summer, some being like Taylor’s, Isaac’s, and Straton’s, but also some of your own. No matter what your plans for summer are, have fun and make it memorable.

About the Writer
Rydge Dunica, Writer

Taylor Swift once told me, " Thank you for buying a shirt with my face on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I play basketball and baseball. My favorite food is chicken...